The immense quantitative and qualitative development that took place in health services in the Kingdom, coupled with the great development witnessed internationally in the field of diagnostic medical imaging necessitates a substantial increase in number and quality of Saudi technicians specialized in medical imaging technology (B.Sc. Radiological Technology), to satisfy the needs of the Saudi market and to promote performance of existing diagnostic medical imaging units.
Educational System and Regulations
The college adopts the semester system. Duration of study for the bachelor's degree in radiology (B.Sc. RAD) is four years divided into eight semesters, in addition to the internship year. Semesters 1 and 2 comprise the preliminary year. Semester 3 encompasses core courses for students of the various B.Sc. degrees offered by the college. Semesters 4-8 include specialized courses in radiology.
This program aims at:
1. Preparing qualified graduates in the field of medical imaging to satisfy the needs of employment market and development plans.
2. Provide students with theoretical
3. Provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical applications in various aspects of radiological techniques
4. Qualify students by furnishing them technical skills necessary to operate sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment
5. Supply students with knowledge needed to administer diagnostic medical imaging units
6. Furnish students necessary professional ethics
7. Provide graduates with theoretical and practical information needed for promotion of their technical and research skills and qualify them for graduate studies
8. Develop self education skills that qualify them for further continuous self education