Academic Excellence Grant
The university continues with the program of scholarships with discounts and incentives in order to attract distinguished male and female students according to the following new regulations: After the student passes the first semester / of the first academic year, the student shall be given a deduction from the total amount of the official tuition fees for the following semester / year according to the term / yearly GPA (not cumulative). The discount rates shall be as follows:
- if the student receives a term / yearly GPA of more than or equal to 4.50 from 5.00, they shall be granted a 70% discount from the total amount of the official tuition fees according to the program or specialization the student is enrolled in.
- If the student receives a term / yearly GPA of more than or equal to 4.25 from 5.00 and less than 4.50 from 5.00, they shall be granted a 50% discount from the total amount of the official tuition fees according to the program or specialization the student is enrolled in.
- If the student receives a term / yearly GPA of more than or equal to 3.25 from 5.00 and less than 4.25 from 5.00, they shall be granted a 30% discount from the total amount of the official tuition fees according to the program or specialization the student is enrolled in.
- Students receiving a term / yearly GPA less than 3.25 from 5.00 will not be granted any discounts and will be required to pay full tuition fees for the upcoming academic term / year. They may attempt to raise their GPA once again to receive any of the discount rates.
if the term / yearly student GPA falls short of the required GPA to maintain the discount rate, then it will be transferred automatically to the discount rate granted for the new term / yearly GPA; and the student can later attempt to increase their term / annual GPA to obtain a higher discount rate. The student shall benefit from the discounts granted in the Academic Excellence Scholarship throughout their enrollment in the university in the full-time academic study system according to the official academic years of the program and a total number of study hours of no less than (12) credit hours per academic semester. Note that the periods of withdrawal from terms / academic years are calculated as part of the duration of the study system period; and terms / years postponed by the student are not calculated.
- Students may benefit from the Academic Excellence Scholarship upon fulfillment of other conditions required to obtain the scholarship which are:
- The student’s record is free from behavioral violations or academic warnings.
- Achieving the minimum points for participation in non-curricular activities to maintain the discount rate granted or to obtain a higher discount rate.
- The student’s financial record is free from any unpaid fees at the university.
Implementing the New System: The implementation of this new system of scholarships and discounts along with the new regulations starts from the 2017-2018 academic year. The previous system of granting scholarships and benefits will continue for students admitted to the Colleges before the 2017-2018 academic year until their graduation. Note: This scholarship applies to the majors (Medicine (MBBS) and Applied Medical Sciences – laboratories) only