Academic Excellence Grant
ASheikh Sulaiman Al Rajhi Scholarship:
- Sheikh Sulaiman Al-Rajhi scholarship granted 30% of the total amount of the official tuition fees to all applicants who are studying on their own expense. It applies only during the first semester\yearly semester of the academic year upon joining colleges.
- Sheikh Sulaiman Al-Rajhi Scholarship applies to male and female students admitted in all programs of different colleges. Afterwards, students join the scholarship of academic excellence after the first semester\yearly semester of the first academic year and are treated according to its system and policies.
Academic Excellence Scholarship:
The Colleges continues with the program of scholarships with discounts and incentives in order to attract distinguished male and female students according to the following new regulations:
- After the student passes the first semester / of the first academic year, the student shall be given a deduction from the total amount of the official tuition fees for the following semester / year according to the term / yearly GPA (not cumulative). The discount rates shall be as follows:
- If the student receives a term / yearly GPA of more than or equal to 4.50 from 5.00, they shall be granted a 70% discount from the total amount of the official tuition fees according to the program or specialization the student is enrolled in.
- If the student receives a term / yearly GPA of more than or equal to 4.25 from 5.00 and less than 4.50 from 5.00, they shall be granted a 50% discount from the total amount of the official tuition fees according to the program or specialization the student is enrolled in.
- If the student receives a term / yearly GPA of more than or equal to 3.25 from 5.00 and less than 4.25 from 5.00, they shall be granted a 30% discount from the total amount of the official tuition fees according to the program or specialization the student is enrolled in.
- Students receiving a term / yearly GPA less than 3.25 from 5.00 will not be granted any discounts and will be required to pay full tuition fees for the upcoming academic term / year. They may attempt to raise their GPA once again to receive any of the discount rates.
- If the term / yearly student GPA falls short of the required GPA to maintain the discount rate, then it will be transferred automatically to the discount rate granted for the new term / yearly GPA; and the student can later attempt to increase their term / annual GPA to obtain a higher discount rate.
- The student shall benefit from the discounts granted in the Academic Excellence Scholarship throughout their enrollment in the Colleges in the full-time academic study system according to the official academic years of the program and a total number of study hours of no less than (12) credit hours per academic semester. Note that the periods of withdrawal from terms / academic years are calculated as part of the duration of the study system period; and terms / years postponed by the student are not calculated.
- Students may benefit from the Academic Excellence Scholarship upon fulfillment of other conditions required to obtain the scholarship which are:
- The student’s record is free from behavioral violations or academic warnings.
- Achieving the minimum points for participation in non-curricular activities to maintain the discount rate granted or to obtain a higher discount rate.
- The student’s financial record is free from any unpaid fees at the Colleges.
Implementing the New System:
The implementation of this new system of scholarships and discounts along with the new regulations starts from the 2017-2018 academic year. The previous system of granting scholarships and benefits will continue for students admitted to the Colleges before the 2017-2018 academic year until their graduation.
Note: This scholarship applies to the majors (Medicine (MBBS) and Applied Medical Sciences – laboratories) only.