College of Applied Science
Sulaiman AlRajh University are committed to our cultural and value-oriented international standards of medical science and its allied fields of education in the local environment. We therefore look forward to exploit our local and regional available human resources of both students and Faculty with a vivid concept of religious and cultural values. We have a clear mission to produce leaders for the future who aspire to solve the diverse social and health issues that confront our people in the Kingdom and a vision to be ranked amongst worlds’ leading institutions providing education and health care.
Our program of Applied Medical Sciences at SRC is an amalgam of basic sciences and clinical laboratory skills which has been designed by the experts in the field and keeping in view the recent advances in the field to achieve international standards. We have hired international faculty to deliver the curriculum each one of whom has previously served in the esteemed institutions around the world. Moreover, we have well-equipped laboratories to re-enforce the theoretical knowledge gained by the students. The state of the art Library facilities link our students with hundreds of books, journals and relevant websites around the world. Similarly, the support facilities, transportation and financial support system make it possible for the students to focus on their learning. Together, our college provides an optimally conducive environment for students to excel in pursuit of the educational and professional aspirations. We are already in our second year since the inception of the program and look forward to incur the feedback from our students. We are committed to excellence in education and professional behaviour while maintaining our cultural heritage.
MLS PROGRAM VISION
To be a leading college in medical laboratory education, research, and services nationally and internationally.
MLS PROGRAM MISSION
To develop future distinguished leaders in the medical laboratory through evidence-based education, state-of-art research, and involved community services.
Main MLS Program objectives:
To prepare specialists who are: • Highly competent skilled medical laboratory professionals with up-to-date knowledge. • Effective communicators within the medical laboratory environment and in the broader professional circles. • Aware of the professional safety standards, good practices, and relevant ethical/ legal standards. • Well-trained to join advanced medical and related research centers.
Why Medical Laboratory
Health care and related biomedical fields are among the fastest growing industries because of large population, expanded health care coverage, and technological advances. Recognizing this, the number of MLS programs here in the kingdom is rapidly increased in the last few years to meet this concept. Unfortunately, despite the much growing specialties and subspecialties within this field, most if not all MLS programs offered one track; professional Medical (Clinical) Laboratory Technologists.
Most recently, the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties offered many specialties and subspecialties for the Medical Laboratory Technologists; so, MLS programs should offer many tracks to meet this progress. The most popular tracks offered by many international universities (The University of Rhode Island, Eastern Michigan University, Indiana University and University of Wisconsin) are DNA biotechnology, histopathotechnology, medical laboratory science, each leads to the bachelor of MLS degree. Furthermore, the design of this program opens the door for further subspecialty if it is needed to meet the requirements of medical laboratories professionals such as Histopathotechnology track.
In view of the challenges facing the nursing sector in many countries, and in the Kingdom in particular, the university has taken approval to start the nursing program to complement the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery program, which has achieved a distinguished academic reputation, and the medical laboratory science program that has recently started.
Mission and Objectives
Graduating qualified nurses with high professional knowledge and skills in accordance with the standards required by the nursing profession and professional practice in accordance with the rules regulating the Kingdom and the ethical requirements of this great profession in order to achieve effective and safe nursing care. In view of the challenges facing the nursing sector in many countries, and in the Kingdom in particular, the university has taken approval to start the nursing program to complement the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery program, which has achieved a distinguished academic reputation, and the medical laboratory science program that has recently started.
- The program aims to graduate leaders in the field of nursing who have the ability to analyze and take appropriate decisions in a scientific and methodical manner that contribute to raising the level of nursing in the Kingdom and the Islamic world and to work with their colleagues and the rest of the health workers in order to improve work environments and achieve the goals of the health facilities in which they work.
- The program aims to instill the principles of self-learning among graduates, making them lifelong learners and constantly striving to advance their professional and knowledge level, participating in raising the efficiency of the rest of their colleagues, and educating members of their communities in scientific and systematic ways.
- The program aims to be in the future as one of the distinguished pioneering programs in this field, not only at the local level, but also at the regional level.
- The program aims to introduce state-of-the-art and modern methods of education by making use of the equipment provided by the university, which constitutes a qualitative addition to education in the field of nursing in the Kingdom.The program aims to introduce state-of-the-art and modern methods of education by making use of the equipment provided by the university, which constitutes a qualitative addition to education in the field of nursing in the Kingdom.
Advantages of Nursing
- The great demand for nursing jobs and the high demand for graduates of this specialty. It is also noted the high demand for the employment of nursing graduates, where the employment rate reaches 94% within the first three months of graduation and the end of the study.
- This specialization is useful in learning many medical skills that are useful in public life, which makes the person able to help those around him in obtaining good medical care.
- The Kingdom’s Vision 2030 emphasizes the importance of nursing, and the fifth strategic goal is to “increase the attractiveness of nursing work.”