There are three main functions of Sulaiman Al Rajhi University:
- Community Service
These functions are inter-dependent parts strongly related to each other.
Teaching and preparation of Human Resources (manpower) is an important function of the university. The level of production and output by the human element depends on the extent of the preparation of the manpower, and the development of people’s knowledge, abilities, skills and experience. Human development is extremely important for the progress and prosperity of any nation. Investment in education and health will go a long way to sustain the human development.
Teaching and research are complimentary to each other. The quality of teaching is related to the quality of research undertaken. University education will primarily proceed in parallel with active research, in order to become lively and valuable. Research has to be linked to practice.
Community Service and Continuing Education comprise of:
- Training Courses
The major objectives of the higher education include:
- To provide the community with qualified experts required for the set development plans
- Present technical consultation to the various institutions of the society
- Train the individual on knowledge acquisition and research methodology and provide him/her with the morality required for participating in the development of the nation
- Assisting the individual to develop the mental and societal skills required for dealing with the rapid social change in modern communities.
- These objectives stress the role of higher education in building an individual who is able to serve the community and accept social responsibility. Higher education is directly connected to people’s community life, challenges, requirements and aspirations. The aim of higher education thus is the development of society and its progress towards the highest levels of technology, economics and health, as well as socio-cultural life. There is a close association between the university and community. The patterns and forms of association include:
- Preparation of qualified professionals required by the society
- Undertaking research and studies aimed at finding solutions for the various problems in the way of social and economic development
- Instilling value systems and attitudes required for supporting progress
- Simplifying science and disseminating the fruit of thought among the general public to enhance their cultural and scientific standards
- Inculcating a scientific mindset
- Contributing to the advancement of society through varied programs, which link various sectors of society and its institutions to the university (inter-sectoral collaboration)
- Active participation in the preparation of development plans and providing consultations in this respect.
- Community Service Includes:
- Providing outstanding students with opportunity for higher studies in various specialties
- Playing key role in need based research in health sciences and promotion of publishing scientific research
- Undertaking Continued Medical Education Programs regularly
- Collaboration with other universities (international/national) concerning advances in research, technology and exchange of expertise and knowledge